Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 24 in the hospital- 29 weeks and 4 days :)

OK, I have to admit I am bored now.

I've finished the book I was reading, it's a beautiful day outside (record setting high temps possibly??), nothing is good on TV, and I don't feel like being creative with my coloring book. (Yes I really have a coloring book- don't laugh!! It's actually quite relaxing. I am rediscovering a long lost hobby.)

I just wish I could be back to normal life. I know that this is all for the very best for baby while she grows, becomes stronger, and more ready for the world each passing day, and I just have to remind myself of this fact constantly. The doctors and nurses are all encouraged by our progress- 29 1/2 weeks is SOOO much better than 26 weeks when you are looking at a possible premature delivery. However, I am confident that we can hold on longer, hopefully at least another month, before baby girl makes her grand debut into the world.

I guess it's just hard when there is so much going on in our lives right now. I wish I could help more! Tony and I in are the process of moving, as we sold our townhouse just two days before I had to be admitted to the hospital. There are many odds and ends to be tied up before the sale actually closes, let alone all the details to work through with moving and getting set up in our new house. We opted to rent instead of buy, a difficult choice initally, as it is such a great time to buy a house right now, just not in our current situation! We found a house in Bothell to rent for 6 months, which gives us the option to buy a house in the late fall or early winter. Hopefully it will still be a buyer's market! Crossing our fingers...

I also want to let you all know how much your love and support has helped me through this situation! I absolutely love your thoughtful messages, phone calls, and especially your visits, those of you who have been able to come and see me. THANK YOU for being there for me. I don't think I would be sane right now without all your support!!

Well, I suppose I'm feeling a little less bored now. It always helps to express yourself. :)

I hope all of you are well and enjoying this wonderful, if not extremely uncharacteristic, hot and sunny weather in the Pacific NW.

More soon.

~Andrea

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted the link to this -- I hadn't seen it before! I know I'd go crazy if I weren't able to write and read friends' thoughts on a daily basis; I think the therapeutic aspect of blogging is really underrated.

    I'm also glad that you're enjoying your coloring book. I know you always liked coloring (way more than I did!) and when she's old enough, your little girl can see what Mommy colored for her in the hospital. :D

    Regarding everything that's going on, I'm ALWAYS happy to help, so feel free to request it any time. And I'll go visit your boys again soon (probably on my way to or from Everett on Friday).

    I love you!

    ~ Mary Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everything is working out just fine! It's funny how nothing else seems very important when you focus all of your energy on your precious little one. She is all that matters. All the other stuff just works itself out, especially when you have so many people that care about you :-)

    Good to hear things are going well. Good job staying put babygirl! We don't want to meet you quite yet, as sweet and feisty as you are!

    See you soon Andrea! You are already such a great Mama!

    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea-
    I am glad you started this blog, I only clicked on it because you posted it on your facebook. I know everything will turn out ok, it already sounds like things are going much better. I know your little girl will stay warm and cuddly and will come out at the right moment in 11 more weeks! :)
    Glad everything is going better, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete